Saturday, February 27, 2010

Because of YOU, I now see...



It’s time, it’s time we part.
You have been there for me every time I previously needed to fill my heart.
Through the ups and through the downs.
I turned to you when things seemed dark, I turned to you when I couldn’t find my heart.
Through the journey it was not always smooth.
Some how I couldn’t do it with out you- I felt I couldn’t make a move.
As much as you held me back I still ran to you.
Times are changing for me I am starting to see it was just a mask not allowing me to see.
I picked you up when I was lost - but I see now I have been found.
I been lingering inside there lingering just waiting around.
Today is new day and I see all the care and love I have shown for myself when times got tough I didn’t know how to cope so I confided in you for internal rest.You calmed my fears, you sat with me through an awful number of tears.
I can say I am sad today not knowing what my life will be without you by my side.
Will it be full of fear or will it be full of pride?

I never imagined the deep connection I shared with you, you were always the one that would never reject me never judge me never poke fun.I turned to you when I was little I didn’t know your power, I was ever so young. I have goals in mind I have the ability to be me I have situations in front me that I can no longer hide.
I think it is time, time we say good bye.

I need you not to rescue my every fear, I need you no longer to hold me when it all seems to much to bear. I swallowed many feelings long ago - forever were they mine to keep.

I can see sunshine now I can see opportunities to be free.
What you gave to me I can never repay, you see I understand I was caring for myself I just turned to you and ran away. I ran away from hurt from internal pain. I found you and you made it all go away.
I am allowing magnificent feelings to pour out of me I am allowing my self to see.
I needed you all those years but now I have to let me be me.
Grand times we had, the memories I will always hold near - see I know that the love I had for you meant I just didn’t know how to care.
It comes up it goes down I now fit in - I see myself now not needing you as a friend.
Though the thoughts of you and pay offs will daily remain - I still need nutrition but not to fill my pain.
Days are brighter, it is time for me go on with my life I wanted to take time to say goodbye to my friend goodbye to a friend that will last a life time.
Gratitude is what I hold - addiction is what transcended - today is my new life - my food addiction has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment